vrijdag 13 november 2009

Autumn reflections


I look outside my window and all i see are the dark skies and the rain that goes on and on each day.Autumn has finally arrived.It s that time of year that warm and sunny summer days are only a memory of a distant past.It s a time of reflection on my life too, which tends to make me feel a little down.Another year almost past, not the best year of my life ,with lots of ups and downs.It wasnt easy, but i managed to get back on my feeth again and to be in full control of my life again.I certainly hate to be dependent on the care of other people .Being a patient is not the best role i played.Like my best friends always tell me i m much too dominating and stubborn to be cared for by anyone (sorry again, dear nurses and doctors for my bad behaviour).But the one lesson i learned this year is that my time has become precious .There are so many things i still want to experience and i feel down as i realise i might not have enough time, because life can change within a day which happened to me in the past year. I made the decision to take unpaid leave next year which makes it possible for me too be a few months off duty and go for an extensive holiday to realise a part of my dreams.I am planning to travel through Asia and Australia.I always used to go backpacking untill a few years ago and because i feel thats the best way to travel around i will go for it again.I m getting a little old to be a backpacker, but what the hack,i never cared how other people think about me hehe.

I will leave you with this clip from the movie 'Mame' .Watch this movie with the great Lucy Ball as the eccentric, fun loving Mame and Bea Arthur(Dorothy from 'the Golden Girls!)as her best friend ,Vera. Whenever you feel a little down it will certainly brighten up your day.At least it did mine!

"Life is a banquet ..but most people choose to be starving to death""


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten